What to Expect:
- Hands-on MFR treatment without oils or lotion John F. Barnes approach to Myofascial Release.
- Wear two-piece for men (shorts) woman (example shorts and a comfortable top sports bar tank)
- Check my website (www.well-being.us) for a 5-minute video explaining MFR and the fascial system.
- My session is blocked for 2 hours
How Many Sessions:
- To change and release holding patterns (pain) it takes time—the more you do the more results.
- Most people see a change within 3 sessions. This is a good gauge to see if this approach is right for you.
Before Treatment Suggestions;
- Intent for the session
- Journaling would be helpful on this journey
- State in detail where you are in session
- Set a goal that is visual, functional, and positive
- Take time to review your goals and notes
- Drink more water
- May feel sore, tired, emotional or detox experience (healing crisis)
- Nice soak, hot tub, shower, etc.
The day after treatment you may have some pains that you did not realize at the time of therapy. This completely normal as tissues that have been tight for a long time are now released and lengthened. As the tissue softens and becomes more pliable, the pain will dissipate, and you will start to function better.
More water will help rehydrate the system and flush out any toxins that may have been released during your treatment. Equate these similar to post-workout pains. The entire premise of the treatment approach is to rid ourselves of old holding patterns, traumas, and injuries NOT to give us new ones.
Look forward to working with you.
Art of the Heart Therapist