What to Expect:
- Hands-on MFR treatment without oils or lotion John F. Barnes approach to Myofascial Release.
- Wear something you feel comfortable moving around in and we are able to touch your skin with ease;
- For men (shorts) women (example shorts and a comfortable top sports bra tank)
- Check my website (well-being.us) for a 5-minute video explaining MFR and the fascial system.
- My session is blocked for 2 hours
How Many Sessions:
- To change and release holding patterns (pain) takes time—the more you do the more results.
- Most people see a change within 3 sessions. This is a good gauge to see if this approach is right for you.
Before Treatment Suggestions;
- The intent for the session
- Journaling would be helpful on this journey
- State in detail where you are in session
- Set a goal that is visual, functional, and positive
- Take time to review your goals and notes
- Drink more water
- May feel sore, tired, emotional or detox experience (healing crisis)
- Nice soak, hot tub, shower, etc.
The day after treatment you may have some pains that you did not realize at the time of therapy. This is completely normal as tissues that have been tight for a long time are now released and lengthened. As the tissue softens and becomes more pliable, the pain will dissipate, and you will start to function better.
More water will help rehydrate the system and flush out any toxins that may have been released during your treatment. Equate these similar to post-workout pains. The entire premise of the treatment approach is to rid ourselves of old holding patterns, traumas, and injuries NOT to give us new ones.
Look forward to working with you.
Art of the Heart Therapist
Celebrating over 20 years of service has the received following education, training & credentials:
- Bachelors of Applied Science with a Degree: Massage Therapy and Minor in Health Care Management, Siena Heights University
- Basic Massage Therapy Training certification of over 650 hours – Touch of Life School of Massage Certified in Massage Therapy
- BCTMB – Board Certified for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- The license in New Jersey
- Expert Level Myofascial Release – John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Seminars since 2002
- Reiki Master/Teaching Certification– Lucille Crow Instructor
- Karuna Ki Reiki Master – Aimee Plegar Instructor
- Met’Align Therapy Certification Level I– Lucille Crow Instructor
- Tuning Fork Therapy Certification – Francine Milford Instructor
- Massage Cupping Certification – Elite Education Bonny Donnelly Goslee
- Subtle Energy Level 1 – Peggy Fuhs Instructor
- Cranial Sacral – Spine and Neuromuscular Seminars
- Equine MFR I – Cathy Covell
- MFR Yoga Certification
- KT Taping Certification
- Teaching Infant Massage Certification
- ABMP Member Since 2000 Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Neuromuscular Therapy: Cranium & Cervical Spine Elite Learning
- Sports Injury Certification Elite Learning
- Trigger Point Therapy: Wrist, Hand, Rotator Cuff, Sacroiliac, Hip, and Headache certification
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Certification (different sources over the years)
- HeartMath Certified Practitioner for Stress, Anxiety, and Self-Regulation from HeartMath Institute
- Myofascial Cupping Practitioner Certification from PESI
- YoMassage Certification from YoMassage
- Yin Yoga Training Certification